E-Trikala SA of the Municipality of Trikala
Since 2004, the E-Trikala office of the Municipality of Trikala, in cooperation with and in accordance with the operational programme “The Information Society” acted in the fields of new broadband technologies, successfully implementing municipal projects.
On the 8th of April 2008, having the required experience, it was transformed into e-Trikala S.A., an emerging company, formed within the Municipality of Trikala. The Municipality is the basic stakeholder owning 99% while the remaining 1% is owned by the local Chambers of Commerce. By creating infrastructure and by providing services, e-Trikala continuously aims to the development of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) based applications, oriented to the improvement of all citizens’ everyday life, in a medium sized city, simplifying public transactions, reducing telecommunication costs and delivering new services related to the local way of life. Moreover, these ICT applications offer new ways and methods that enable citizens participate on policy-making, while in parallel establish local Government and Public Authorities as guarantors of local society’s every day proper, digital and distanced operation. E-Trikala S.A. operates upon a fully integrated base while, as the First Digital City in Greece (proclaimed in 2004 by the Minister of Economics), it establishes high technological and broadband National standards by using and offering its “know-how” to other municipalities within Greece. Our company’s main areas of expertise are:
• e-government & e-democracy
• Geographical Information Systems
• networks (Wi-Fi, fiber optic, Wi-Max pilot application & operation)
• event planning & organizing (exhibitions, conferences, galas)
Over the last decade E-Trikala has successfully participated in several EU-funded and national projects, whose scope is to act for the benefit of the citizens of Trikala Municipality via e-health, e-care, mobility, e-education, environment, culture, governance and other social projects, acting as a partners or co-ordinator.